For repeat medication requests, please order at least 24 hours in advance by emailing us at or by telephoning 01458 832972. You will be requested to pay prior to collection.

Our current opening times can be found here

From 1 January 2021 Great Britain (GB) will become a third country with respect to the EU Pet Travel Scheme. On 3 December 2020 the Standing Committee on Plants, Animals, Food and Feed (PAFF) of the EU voted in favour of giving Great Britain and the Crown Dependencies PART 2 LISTED status for the purposes of non-commercial pet travel after the Transition Period. This listed status will be formally adopted by the EU in due course.

Under Part 2 listed stat

us, E

U pet passports issued by Official Veterinarians in GB will no longer be valid to travel to Europe. Instead, a pet travelling from GB to the EU will need an Animal Health Certificate (AHC). AHC’s will be issued instead of pet passports to owners travelling with their pet to the EU from the 1 January 2021. N.B. This would affect and travellers with pets arriving in an EU Member State after 23:00 GMT on the 31 December 2020. The AHC needs to be completed in both English AND the language of the country of entry to the EU so we will need to know this information from the start.

An AHC is valid for:

  • 10 days after the date of issue for entry into the EU
  • A SINGLE trip for entry to the EU. This must be done via a designated Travellers Point of Entry (Travellers’ points of entry | Food Safety ( )
  • Onward travel within the EU for 4 months after the date of issue (or until the date of expiry of the validity of the anti-rabies vaccination, if the rabies vaccination is due to run out whilst you are away we would recommend having a booster vaccination at least 21 days prior to your travel date)
  • Re-entry to GB for 4 months after the date of issue
  • Owners travelling with UP TO 5 pets; if you are travelling with more than 5 pets, please contact us directly to discuss your requirements.

How to get an AHC:

  • Your dog, cat or ferret must be microchipped
  • Your dog, cat or ferret must be vaccinated for rabies at least 21 days prior to the completion of the AHC. (they must be over 12 weeks of age for this vaccination), to complete the AHC we will need proof of vaccination.
  • If you are travelling to the EU via a territory or third country that is NOT listed in the Annex II of the Implementing Regulation (EU) no 577/2013, then a rabies serology blood test will be required. This will need to be taken at least 30 days AFTER the rabies vaccination and at least 3 months BEFORE travel.

Travel from the GB to EU listed countries that are tapeworm free: Finland, Republic of Ireland,       Norway or Malta: If you are travelling with a dog directly to one of these countries, it must have treatment against tapeworm (Echinococcus multilocularis) 1-5 days before arriving in one of these countries, the details of this must be entered on the AHC by the vet.

Returning to GB

There will be no change to the current health preparations for pets entering the GB from the 1 January 2021.

Your pet must have ONE of the following documents when returning to Great Britain:

  • An EU pet passport (issued in the EU or in the UK before 1 January 2021), or a pet passport from a Part 1 Listed third country
  • The AHC issued in Great Britain used to travel to the EU—which you can use up to 4 months after it was issues
  • A UK pet health certificate (for travel into GB only)
  • Dogs will need to be treated for tapeworm (Echinococcus multilocularis) no less than 24 hours and no more than 120 hours (5 days) before entering Great Britain, using an approved tapeworm treatment. (This does not apply if coming directly to the UK from Finland, Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Norway or Malta)

Your pet will not need this documentation if entering Great Britain from:

  • Northern Ireland
  • The Channel Islands
  • The Isle of Man
  • The Republic of Ireland

Your pets documents and ID chip will be checked upon entry to GB. You must travel using approved routes unless travelling from Norther Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of    Ireland. (Bringing your pet dog, cat or ferret to the UK: Approved routes – GOV.UK ( )


You cannot take more than 5 pets to an EU country or Northern Ireland under this scheme unless you are attending or training for a competition, show or sporting event. If this applies to you please contact the practice directly to discuss the specific requirements for travel.


If you have further questions, please see the government website for advice:

Pet travel to Europe from 1 January 2021 – GOV.UK (

You can also ask for advice from the APHA via or on 0370 241 1710 Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5pm

Please also feel free to contact the practice at or on 01458 832972 and we can discuss your requirements.

You can download a copy of these notes here.